Archive for: April, 2019

Real’s La Liga stumble promises mouthwatering ‘Clasico’

Apr 07 2019 Published by under 苏州皮肤管理

Real and Barca each have two more domestic league games before the clash at the Nou Camp, the European champions playing at Athletic Bilbao and at home to Levante and the Catalans hosting Rayo Vallecano and travelling to Eibar.

苏州皮肤管理

If the gap stays the same, as is likely, a win for Real in the lair of their arch army would put them in an extremely strong position with 10 games left, while success for Barca would give them an edge but a less commanding one.

Luis Enrique’s side lost 3-1 at the Bernabeu in October so unless Barca manage to match or better that result Real will have the head-to-head advantage that is used to separate teams who finish level on points at the end of the campaign.

Real coach Carlo Ancelotti complained of a lack of speed and shooting accuracy after Sunday’s 1-1 stalemate against a Villarreal side resting many of their regulars ahead of Wednesday’s King’s Cup semi-final, second leg at home to Barca.

Real had a host of chances in the second half and La Liga top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo, who put Real ahead from the penalty spot just after halftime, was particularly wasteful, firing off 13 efforts on goal.

To be sure, Ancelotti is unlikely to be have lost too much sleep as Real are still well placed to win their first La Liga title since 2011-12 under Jose Mourinho.

They also have one foot in the last eight of the Champions League after winning their last 16, first leg at Schalke 04 last month 2-0 and host the Bundesliga side for the return on March 10.

“The team is improving,” Ancelotti told a news conference after the Villarreal game.

“We’ve dropped two points but La Liga will be decided in the final match,” the Italian added.

“We have to focus on the two-point lead we’ve got, which isn’t much, but is a lead we must make the most of. Now we have to carry on and in the next game, which will be difficult, try to produce a good reaction.”

(Writing by Iain Rogers; Editing by John O’Brien)

Comments are off for this post

Bones found in Tyrrell search not human: police

Apr 07 2019 Published by under 苏州皮肤管理

The desperate search for missing toddler William Tyrrell will continue after bones spotted in bushland on the NSW mid-north coast turned out to be animal remains.

苏州皮肤管理

It is almost six months since William disappeared, wearing a Spiderman suit, from his grandmother’s front yard on a quiet leafy street in Kendall, near Port Macquarie, last September.

The ongoing investigation into William’s disappearance took a new turn on Monday, with up to 30 police officers combing a heavily forested area at Bonny Hills, south of Port Macquarie.

Police won’t reveal the exact details about the information that led them to the isolated forest, but say it’s not related to a body location.

It has now been over a week since veteran homicide Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, who recently took the lead on the case, made a renewed public appeal for anyone who was within a 1km radius of Kendall when William went missing last September to come forward.

Homicide Squad commander Detective Superintendent Mick Willing said it was always a possibility a body would be found, but stressed police were only looking for evidence.

“All I want to say is that the information is very general, it is not that specific,” he said.

Officers found bones at the search site on Monday afternoon but it was soon confirmed they belonged to an animal, not a human.

Supt Willing said this week’s search was unlikely to be the last.

There has been no trace of the toddler, who was visiting with his parents from Sydney, since his disappearance.

Police are expected to continue their search for a few days with the help of sniffer dogs.

The fresh search comes after police raided the Bonny Hills home and Laurieton business of local washing machine repairman William “Bill” Spedding in January.

Items, including a mattress and computer, were seized but police stressed Mr Spedding wasn’t the only “line of inquiry” in the investigation.

Spedding was due to fix William’s grandmother’s washing machine around the time the toddler vanished.

But Mr Spedding didn’t go to the house to carry out the repairs on the day William went missing.

Police will return to the search site early on Tuesday.

Comments are off for this post

Executions risk condemnation for Jakarta: lawyer

Apr 07 2019 Published by under 苏州皮肤管理

Sending Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran for execution while they have an appeal before the courts would jeopardise Indonesia’s international reputation as a law-respecting democracy, their lawyer warns.

苏州皮肤管理

Bali authorities are ready to transfer the Bali Nine pair to Nusakambangan this week, for their execution with eight other drug offenders.

Barrister Julian McMahon said an appeal was being lodged on Monday against the administrative court’s decision not to examine the men’s clemency rejection.

The lawyers did not question the sovereignty of Indonesia or seek to undermine its legal system, Mr McMahon said.

They just wanted a chance to have the facts of Chan and Sukumaran’s cases for clemency – including their successful rehabilitation – heard in a court.

It would be “shocking” if they were moved to Nusakambangan in the process of an appeal.

“It’s unthinkable that people who are having their right to life litigated in a court could at the same time be taken away from that court by powerful people, by the executive, and simply executed,” he told reporters in Bali.

It could also disadvantage Indonesia in international law co-operation on drugs, he argued.

“To me it would be impossible to imagine that Indonesia would jeopardise its good name and respect for the rule of law by taking away prisoners who, like my own clients, are fighting for their rights in the court system and having them executed in a way which internationally would be condemned as a breach of the rule of law,” Mr McMahon said.

But Indonesia’s president has repeated his conviction that executing drug offenders was important for the country’s sovereignty.

Students from a Central Java school linked to the military visited the presidential palace in Jakarta on Monday, where Joko Widodo warned them of the dangers of drugs.

“Be careful, right now there are 50 people from our generation who die each day because of drugs,” he said, as quoted by news website detik苏州皮肤管理,.

“That’s why we have to be strict. Do you all agree that drug dealers must be executed?”

The students replied in unison: “Agree!”

Mr Joko told reporters: “don’t let anyone try to intervene in our sovereign law. About the executions of drug offenders, this is our sovereign law.”

In Bali, chief prosecutor Momock Bambang Samiarso met authorities to discuss plans to move the Bali Nine pair out of Kerobokan jail within days.

“It’s confirmed, this week,” he told reporters.

“(Nusakambangan) is all ready.”

But the Attorney-General HM Prasetyo, who will give the order, would only confirm the executions would be this month.

“It’s getting closer,” he told reporters, saying preparations were “95 per cent ready”.

The timeframe for moving the men has shifted several times, as Indonesia prepares to execute 10 drug offenders – the most it has ever executed at one time.

The president has been contacted by leaders of various countries, including Australia, France, the Netherlands and Brazil, over the hardline drugs policy, but has not been swayed.

His friend and political ally, Jakarta governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, known better as Ahok, has revealed he has encouraged the president to abolish the death penalty, and he believes he is considering alternative views on the matter.

Meanwhile one of the Bali Nine drug mules sentenced to life in jail says he’s lost hope under Indonesia’s drugs policy and believes it would be more humane to execute him now, rather than let him die in jail.

In a letter to The Australian newspaper, Martin Stephens says Mr Joko’s decision to refuse the pair clemency, despite their great strides in rehabilitation, makes him wonder what hope there is for freedom or redemption for other drug offenders, like himself.

“It is more humane to just take me out the back and shoot me like Andrew and Myuran,” he wrote.

Comments are off for this post

Misfiring Man City must change and adapt

Apr 07 2019 Published by under 苏州皮肤管理

Put them in a rigid 4-4-2 formation like City manager Manuel Pellegrini, however, and they may not be so keen.

苏州皮肤管理

For all Manchester City’s attacking riches, the champions’ out-dated tactics are not lighting up the Premier League and they are in serious danger of losing their crown.

After playing with two strikers and neglecting the midfield battle during Tuesday’s 2-1 Champions League defeat by Barcelona, Pellegrini attracted criticism.

By opting to stick with the same formation against a re-energised Liverpool on Sunday, the Chilean scored an own goal as stunning goals from Jordan Henderson and Philippe Coutinho helped Brendan Rodgers’s side to a 2-1 victory.

With Yaya Toure alongside Fernandinho in the centre and David Silva and Samir Nasri on the left and right, City were over-exposed in midfield and not the creative force many would have predicted.

Liverpool’s attacking trio of Coutinho, Adam Lallana and Raheem Sterling skipped around City’s uninspired formation at will, leading to further suggestions they need to change their approach.

Pellegrini, however, does not agree.

“The formation was not the problem. It was the best decision. In the first half it was a close game,” he told reporters. “When they won the game we were playing with just with one striker so that wasn’t the problem.

“I think they scored two beautiful goals, both from the edge of the box and impossible for Joe Hart to save. It was a close game, we had chances — David Silva, Kun (Aguero) hit the post and had another chance.”

City’s hopes of defending their Premier League title now hang in the balance this season as leaders Chelsea boast a five-point advantage with a game in hand.

“It’s three points less, when we drop points it’s difficult to try to reach the top of the table,” Pellegrini said.

“We must try to continue, to win the next game and as many games as we can, and we’ll see where we finish.”

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, busy sliding around the Wembley turf after League Cup success against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, will have no complaints if Pellegrini sticks to his misfiring formation.

(Editing by Ed Osmond)

Comments are off for this post